Friday 5 September 2014

Tracking in Grass

Hello,

This week has revolved around reports, presentations and posters... but of course, I've been making trains hover in between.



Monday I settled into preparing a report and instruction manual for the train. Hopefully, the train will be there for anyone at the beamline to use.

Tuesday, after a morning of poster work, I got out the office and started testing the arrangements to stop the train heading straight off the end of the track; the train can move fairly freely and Betsy could be hurt if she keeps running off the end of the track. In this, the sheep were helpful (yes, really). If they were knocked over, the train had gone a bit far, a good indication through the nitrogen fumes. The train is taking shape now, with grass and more people. Though the grass... sheds rather at the moment. A rather large clean-up operation followed.

Wednesday, however, I went back to presentation work, ready for the presentation next Wednesday. However, Diamond was buzzing as it held its User meeting, a chance for all the users to present their work in talks and posters over the course of two days - proof that I am still getting proper scientific experience. Though I personally like to mix it with labs.

Type soon.

PS. I'm on holiday over the end of the week, but next week, I start my last 5 days at Diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment